An amazing warm welcome
On the 7th of Feb 2015 Muslim Welfare House opened its door to the wider community to visit the Mosque and share a cup of tea with the Muslim community. an initiate by MCB under the title of #VisitMyMosque where more than 200 neighbours from Islington, Haringey, Hackney and other boroughs attended the open day and were surprise to be received by a very warm welcome not only buy the organiser but also from the Muslim community.Special thanks to all visitors, volunteers, staff and Exhibition Islam for their contributions.
This year we are very exited to welcome our neighbours to our Open Day on Sunday 5th February 12:00 – 5:00pm. Families are welcome, we promise a warm welcome, free hot drinks, home made sweets and any questions you may have will be answered.
Some comments from last year:
1. Thank you for welcoming me to your centre. I have had some lovely conversation with some of your staffs and they were really friendly and kind to me. My daughter also enjoyed the open day and she really had some amazing time, mainly the painting and making the cakes. Many thanks (CLARE HADREY)
2. Food was lovely; everybody was so friendly and welcoming. What I really liked about this event was everyone was having a great time and also people were equal. (ROYN)
3. I am very happy that I came today and I had a chance of meeting everyone from different genders and religion. Everyone was open and I would love to come back if there is another event. (CLEMENTINE)
4. Thank you, so much for welcoming and educating us. We have learned a lot of things during our time at this event and we would love to come back for another event. (NIKI + LOU)
5. Thank you for showing us around and opening our eyes to Islam. It has been a great time and we would love to come back for another event if there is one. (REUBON AND HAYLEY)
6. I have loved visiting, we was welcomed great by the staff members on that day. It was excellent idea to give people of different faiths the chance to learn new things and knowledge. (BETTY HARNS)
7. A lovely celebration of the world of Islam from its inception to the present day, thanks you for allowing me to participate. (PCSO6697T)
8. Thank you so much for opening up the mosque for Muslims and non Muslims to come and exchange ideas. Hoping that there will be more open days like this in the future. Let’s all come together and be one. (MARYAMA)